Welcome to 3rd Grade !
PRAYER in preparation for First Holy Communion:
My God, help me to make a good Holy Communion.
To thy glory and for the good of my soul, I wish to receive the holy sacrament. Lord, I am not worthy that you should come to me, but with your blessings, my soul shall be healed.
As I prepare for my first sacrament of reconciliation, help me to remember the times when I didn’t live as Jesus asked me to. Help me to be sincerely sorry and to try harder.
Mary, my mother, pray to Jesus for me.
O holy Spirit, prepare me to receive him and accept his word in me.
My good Angel Guardian, lead me to the altar of God.
My patron Saints, pray for me that I may receive the Lord with a heart that is pleasing to him and with great profit to my soul.
1. Students will be graded on homework, student diary, behavior in class and church during mass along with the midterm and final exams.
2. Students are expected to write a few lines from the Gospel/Sermon/CCD News/CCD speech in the student diary. This is a wonderful way for them to learn to pay attention during mass.
3. Please make sure to check their CCD workbook every week for regular class homework and the prayers to be learnt.
4. All 3rd graders should sit in the left side first and second pews facing the altar in church and the mass book should used by the students , it is an excellent way for them to follow along and participate in the prayers said during Mass.
5. The students will have two weeks to learn each new prayer. The Our Father and Hail Mary should be learnt in Malayalam also. Learning these prayers in Malayalam will help our children actively participate in the prayers during the Mass and when we recite the rosary in Malayalam. One good way to practice is by having them recite the new prayers they have learnt everyday during family prayer.
This year is special because along with the regular 3rd grade work from the textbook, we are preparing for a very special event. Our little ones will be receiving the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
We would like to request your help and support throughout the year as we prepare the children for these very important events.
Looking forward to a wonderful and blessed year.
Please email us if you have any questions.
|Grade 3 A teachers|
|Cicily Vincent (email@example.com)|
|Mariella Payyappilly (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Grade 3 B teachers|
|Sheena Augustin (email@example.com)|
|Sr MaryAnn (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
Prayers for Reconciliation:
Act of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for
having offended you, and I detest
all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven
and the pains of hell, but most of all because
they offend You, my God, who are
all-good and deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve, with the help of
Your grace, to sin no more and to
avoid the near occasion of sin.
I confess to almighty God,
and to you,
my brothers and sisters,
that I have sinned through my own fault,
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do;
and I ask blessed Mary,
all the angels and saints,
my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God
HOMEWORK: All Chapter Homeworks are now available in the CCD workbook.